With so many families in stressful situation and in need, we are hoping to allow them a bit of relief during the holidays by supplying a Thanksgiving Meal Basket. Last year was a huge success and we received an enormous amount of gratitude from the families. Many of them even came in and did some volunteer hours with us to give back. We are hoping to have 200+ Holiday food baskets to distribute to the local school families. We are asking if your facility would be interested in pledging a set amount of meals towards our goal. Items will be collected at Orchard Community Church until Nov 9th. In lieu of purchased items, a $40 donations can be made to cover 1 meal. Make checks payable to Project Understanding and in the Memo line write: Thanksgiving food.
Each box feeds a family of 4-6. “Baskets” should typically include;
· A $10 grocery gift card for a meat of their choice
· A box of mashed potatoes or bag of fresh potatoes
· Gravy mix or premade jar of Gravy
· Canned yams and small bag marshmellows
· Package of butter
· Box of stuffing
· 2-3 canned vegetables
· Canned cranberry sauce
· Pre-made pie (pumpkin or apple). Or items to make at home (pumpkin mix, condensed milk and pie crust)
· Bag of rolls or bread item
· Any other item you may feel would help the family. Sometimes a card or Holiday accent is nice.