Thank you for your interest in helping serve the children and families here at Orchard Community Church. We seek to provide the best care for our children through a solid team of volunteers.
Volunteers needed for:
- Sunday School (9:00 am) helper for Preschool and Kindergarten (1 Sunday a month)
- Nursery helper (9:00 am or 10:30 am) (1 Sunday a month)
Why volunteer with Children’s Ministry?
- Children are the next generation in Ventura and the world. And they are people of great worth and value right now. Jesus said, “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” (Mark 9:37)
- God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
- Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills & experience will affect children and families at Orchard each week.
- Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Orchard Community Church allows for deeper community.
In order to best equip our volunteers and ensure the safety of all, we have the following guidelines:
- You can express your interest in volunteering by contacting Judy Rose (email@example.com).
- Please read our Child Safety Policy and then fill out the Application for Children’s Work. Return completed application to Judy Rose.
- When your application is received, you will be contacted by either Judy Rose or a member of the Children’s Ministry Team. The Children’s Director will contact your references.
- Because of our commitment to providing a safe, caring environment for children, you will be required to be fingerprinted and a background check will be done.
- Once approved, you can start volunteering with Children’s Ministry.
- You will need to attend our annual training meetings, usually in August or September.
Expectations we have for our volunteers:
- Completion of the application process as described above.
- We count on you! Promptness and appropriate preparation is required.
- Communication of any needs or problems you are experiencing while volunteering.
- Adherence to the Children’s Ministry Child Safety Policy: (pdf. of the child safety policy)
What you can expect from us:
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Orchard families
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer and practical support from the Children’s Ministry team.
- Most importantly: JOY knowing you are impacting the lives of children and their families!