Here at Orchard, we are committed to both global & local mission outreach. We support various missionaries overseas in addition to serving the needy in our community. Orchard strives to encourage, teach, develop, financially support, and pray for disciples to spread God’s Word.
Orchard is charged with establishing ministries in support of “the widow, the orphan” and the “least of these brothers of mine”. Our endeavor is to find ministries and opportunities to serve that are closely aligned with our Lord’s mandate to serve those in the deepest need.
Our Elders of Missions are Randy Ringen and LuAnn Smith.
- Project Understanding
Homelessness Support – Provides housing, food, and assistance to the homeless of our community.
Tutoring Center – The tutoring center is located at Orchard Community Church. Here you’ll find loving and caring volunteers help elementary school children with math, reading, and writing. Currently, we have a waiting list of students needing tutoring. If you have one hour, once a week please contact Betty Whitney to become a tutor! (805) 647-3757 ext 16
Community Christmas Shoppe: An opportunity to minister Christ’s love to under-resourced families in tangible and life-impacting ways: tangible, through receiving gifts and experiencing the family-oriented event; life-impacting, through the contact, care, and compassion guests experience by Shoppe volunteers.
- Young Life – The mission of Young Life is to, “introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith.” Contact Dave Afman (647-1575) for more information or visit the website www.younglife.org
- River Haven – Every month a group of volunteers cooks and serves dinner to residents of River Haven, a tent city in Oxnard. We go on the third Monday of each month, rain or shine. If you are interested in helping serve our friends at River Haven contact the church office and we will get you connected with Julie Box.
- Cabrillo Village – Simon Rodriguez is coordinating our outreach to Cabrillo Village (Hispanic community at the east end of Ventura). We are involved with tutoring and special events.
- Homeless Prevention Fund – Identifying one-time needs to keep recipients in their current housing for 6+ months.
- Habitat for Humanity – One Day Build – Date and Time to be announced!
- Winter Shelter Support – Providing financial support, a team of volunteers who provide night supervision at the shelter and the donation of Breakfast in a Bag for those who stay.
- Forever Found – Providing support for homeless youth that are being trafficked
- Prison Ministry – Providing support for those who have recently been released.
- IMPACT is a short-term missions organization. Participation will increase your faith and understanding of God’s work here and abroad. Visit their website: Impact-theGlobe.org. We send short-term mission teams to many of our mission partners through IMPACT.
- Lifewater International, Lifewater International brings safe water, hygiene/sanitation, and the gospel to rural villages through Healthy Homes programs in Ethiopia, Uganda, and Cambodia. Villages are transformed as people are educated about hygiene, trained in working as a community and see the love of God in action. Visit their website: lifewater.org
- God’s Hidden Treasures is an outreach to the handicapped and orphans in Ukraine. Visit their website: www.godshiddentreasures.org
Nita Hansen, ministering in war-torn Ukraine, wrote “Do we when we are faced with conflict, seek Jesus to find out what He would do? Or do we jump into the fray, holding onto our “rights” and take sides? The enemy feeds on division. God does great things when we come together “in one accord”. Pray for her work discipling her Ukrainian staff in the ways of Jesus, and for peace.
- VIATA Program uses adventure education to promote positive values of self-confidence and teamwork among youth. IN VIATA Camp youth are stimulated to learn practical skills about life and to adopt positive values and behaviors. www.noi-orizonturi.ro
Dana and Brandi Bates lead the VIATA/IMPACT programs in Romania, in addition to a children’s literacy program. VIATA is an outdoor adventure camp teaching practical lessons about life such as self-confidence, trust, communication, defining success, problem-solving, and perseverance. IMPACT consists of a network of Community Initiative Clubs for Youth and is a powerful vehicle of social change. The Children’s Literacy Program teaches parents how to read to their children and provides appropriate Romanian children’s literature.
- New Growth Development Corp in India. NGDC believes a transformed community is the result of many transformed lives, each one impacting his own community for good. NGDC, therefore, provides tools for individuals to grow in educational, economic and spiritual strength, so that having the strength they may offer assistance to others. NGDC operates in both urban and rural Indian environments, assisting people to lead transformed lives. A training center has been established to train rural pastors in ministry and self-sufficiency.
- Union Biblica of Honduras promotes biblical literacy and character education in the schools and communities of Honduras. It is led by Orlando and Sylvia Japas. Visit their website: ubhonduras.org