Sunday, July 28th we will be hosting an even bigger Flip Flop, Food Fiesta immediately after the one 10 am service under the Tent! The Taco Man will be here providing lunch at $7.50 a person. We will also have drinks, chips and salsa, and dessert at no charge. There will be opportunities to add to our major food collection for the pantry at Project understanding, adult flip-flops for man and women for our local correctional facility, and items for the local shelter caring for our homeless neighbors. We will also have a wonderful time making Breakfast-in-a-bag, a family-friendly service opportunity.
For fun, we will have piñatas, games, music, community fellowship and of course sharing our “Taco Man” meal together.
Each week in July we will be collecting different items.
- Flip flops will be collected every week!!!
- July 7: Healthy cold cereal, and canned vegetables for the pantry; new toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs
and brushes for the shelter.
- July 14: Canned meats, nut butters, and jam for the pantry;
new and clean used (good condition) men and women’s tee shirts, all sizes for the shelter
- July 21: pasta and meat pasta sauce, canned fruits for the pantry;
new men and women’s undergarments, all adult sizes.
- July 28: Bring canned items for the pantry or any non-perishable food you desire for the pantry and any hygiene items, clothing (good condition) for the shelter and of course Flip Flops!
Let’s fill the bins!!!!
If you would like to assist the committee with the set up/ clean up or with the event for the Fiesta, please contact Jeremy Jacob, firstname.lastname@example.org, committee chair.
Assistance is welcome!